Get Well Gift Baskets Made Easy
If you have a friend or family member who is feeling under the weather, a get well gift basket can be a thoughtful and practical way to show your support. A personalized gift basket filled with items to help them feel better can be a great way to lift their spirits and let them know you care.
There are many places online where you can order and send a Get Well Gift Basket or you can put one together yourself.
When putting together a get well gift basket, think about what items your friend or loved one might find comforting or helpful. Consider including items like tissues, cough drops, vitamin C tablets, peppermint essential oil, warm socks or slippers, cozy blankets, and a good book or movie to keep them entertained. You can also add in some healthy snacks, herbal tea, and honey to help soothe their throat and boost their immune system.
A DIY get well gift basket is a great way to show your support and let your loved one know that you are thinking of them during a difficult time. By including thoughtful and practical items, you can help them feel more comfortable and speed up their recovery. Whether you choose to make your own basket or buy a pre-made one, a get well gift basket is sure to bring a smile to their face and make them feel better soon.
Choosing a Container
When putting together a DIY Get Well Gift Basket for a sick friend, choosing the right container is important. It not only adds to the overall look and feel of the gift but also serves as a practical element for the recipient to use. Here are some factors to consider when choosing a container for your gift basket:
The size and shape of the container will depend on the number and size of items you plan to include in the gift basket. A container that is too small may not fit all the items, while a container that is too large may make the gift look sparse. It's best to choose a container that is slightly larger than the items you plan to include, allowing for some room for decorative filler. The container can be a basket, a gift box, a colorful bowl, a tote bag, or anything else that can hold the products you have chosen to include.
If you are creating a themed gift basket, such as a spa-themed basket or a movie night basket, choose a container that fits the theme. For example, a spa-themed basket could be placed in a wooden box or a metal bucket, while a movie night basket could be placed in a popcorn bucket or a large plastic bowl.
Overall, choosing the right container for your DIY Get Well Gift Basket can make a big difference in how the gift is received. Consider the size and shape, material, theme, and decorative elements when choosing a container for your gift basket.
What to Include in Your DIY Get Well Gift Basket
You will want to choose thoughtful, practical, and useful gifts to include in your DIY Get Well Gift Basket. But it doesn't hurt to also include some gifts that are fun or even sentimental. Here are some ideas.
- Comfort Items: When you're not feeling well, comfort is key. Consider including cozy socks, a warm throw blanket, and a large soup mug for sipping on hot tea or soup. A soothing eye mask or even a cute teddy bear can help your friend feel relaxed and comforted.
- Health and Wellness Products: To help your friend feel better faster, include some health and wellness products in your DIY get well gift basket. Some options include immune-boosting supplements, cough drops, tissues, and a water bottle to help them stay hydrated. You could also include some essential oils, such as peppermint or eucalyptus, to help relieve congestion. Lip balm and hand lotion or a scented candle are other suggestions.
- Entertainment: Being sick can be boring, so include some entertainment options in your DIY get well gift basket. Consider adding a great book, some magazines, or a puzzle book like Sudoku. You could also include some DVDs or a subscription to a streaming service like Netflix or Hulu. Adult coloring books with colored pencils are also enjoyed. One of our most popular Get Well baskets is the Boredom Buster.
- Healthy Treats: Fill the basket with a selection of nutritious snacks like soups and crackers, granola bars, nuts and dried fruit, herbal tea, honey to soothe a sore throat, lower sugar and fat cookies.
- Flowers and Plants: A small flowering plant or succulent can also brighten up your DIY Get Well Basket.
- Homemade Baked Goods: If you enjoy baking, why not include some homemade treats in your gift basket? You could make some cookies, brownies, or muffins, and package them in a pretty box or bag. Not only will your friend appreciate the delicious snacks, but they will also feel the love and effort you put into making them.
- Gift Cards: Another great addition to your DIY get well gift basket is a gift card. You could choose a gift card to their favorite coffee shop, bookstore, or online retailer. This will give them something to look forward to once they start feeling better, and they can use the gift card to treat themselves to something they enjoy.
- Personalized Items: To make your gift basket even more special, consider including some personalized items. You could create a custom journal or notebook for your friend, with inspirational quotes or messages of encouragement. You could also include a scented candle in their favorite scent, to help them relax and feel more comfortable.
Whatever you choose to include, make sure it is something your friend will enjoy and appreciate. With a little effort and creativity, you can create a DIY get well gift basket that will make your co-worker or friend feel better in no time.
Assembling Your Basket
Now that you have all the necessary items for your DIY get well gift basket, it's time to put it all together. Here are some steps to follow:
- First, lay out all your items on a clean surface. This will help you visualize how you want to arrange them in the basket.
- Choose a basket or other container that is the right size for your items. You want it to be big enough to fit everything comfortably, but not so big that it looks empty.
- Line the basket with fabric or tissue paper to add some color and texture.
- Start arranging your items in the basket. You can use a combination of tall and short items to create a visually interesting display. Place taller or larger items at the back of the basket with the smaller products towards the front. For example, you might place a box of tea bags next to a jar of honey, with a small book or magazine propped up behind them.
- You can deliver the basket as is but if you want to add an extra layer of protection or decoration, you can wrap your basket in cellophane. Simply lay out a large piece of cellophane on a flat surface, place the basket in the center, and gather the edges up around it. Use clear tape to pull the sides tighter. Tie the top with a ribbon or twist tie. Then finish it off with a colorful bow.
- If you're giving the basket as a gift, you might want to add a handmade tag or card. You could include a simple message like "Get well soon!" or "Sending love and healing vibes your way."
With these steps, you should be able to create a thoughtful and personalized get well gift basket for your sick friend. Remember, the most important thing is to show that you care and are thinking of them during a difficult time.
A DIY Get Well gift basket is a wonderful way to show your sick friend that you care and are thinking of them. With a little creativity and effort, you can create a basket that will help your friend feel better and put a smile on their face.
If you want to stay updated on more DIY gift ideas, consider subscribing to our newsletter that specializes in gift-giving and crafts. You'll also receive the free ebook "How to Say I'm Thinking of You Without Words."
If you decide that you don't have the time to shop for and to create your own get well gift basket for your friend, choose one of our uniquely different Get Well gift baskets that we will ship directly to that special friend for you with your own personal message.